WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
4. When You place an order for the registration of a domain name and/or when You correct or update registration information, You are required to provide information such as your first name, last name, postal address, fax number (where available), e-mail address and telephone number. All such information is mandatory to provide the service requested unless otherwise stated at the time. You shall also be required to provide the name, postal address, fax number (where available), e-mail address and telephone number of the technical, administrative and billing contacts associated with the domain name. Once the domain name has been registered, our terms and conditions require You to correct and update this information promptly.
5. Such provision of personal data is mandatory under the rules adopted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and/or local domain name registries, notably for publication in the applicable domain name WHOIS (a service offered by each domain name registry that allows users to check domain name registration details). In compliance with our obligations as a domain name registrar, We collect further mandatory data in relation to domain names including (1) the domain name (2) original creation date (3) expiration date and (4) the names of the primary and secondary name servers for the domain together with IP addresses.
6. We also log other identifying details necessary for the provision of our services and to ensure We only act on your instructions, such as written communications, confirmations, modifications and any other related correspondence, payment source information, log files, billing records, other communications information such as source IP address, HTTP headers and other records concerning registration such as dates, times, zones and sessions.
OTHER PERSONAL DATA
7. In providing any related or optional services to You, such as email accounts and hosting services, We may request additional information at the time of order so that We can successfully provide our services to You.
8. Easily uses a third party payment provider to process any payments made by You. Easily does not store full debit or credit card details but will record the last four digits of your primary account number and the expiry date of the last card used on Your account. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
9. The information You provide when registering a domain name is required to allow us to properly handle your domain name registration, administer your account, including notifying You about matters related to the domain name, such as renewal or updates and to provide other services that You have ordered from us.
DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
10. Easily might also use your personal data to offer You new services and for marketing purposes in line with applicable law. You can withdraw your consent for such usage for marketing purposes at any time with the consequence that Easily will have to refrain from using your personal data for marketing purposes. Please address such withdrawal to: Data Officer, Easily Limited, 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LQ.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
11. Security is a high priority for Easily. We take industry standard reasonable precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
12. Personal data provided to Us for domain name registrations is first disclosed to Ascio Technologies, Inc. Danmark – Filial af Ascio Technologies, Inc. USA, Danish CVR Number 25163532 (“Ascio”) with registered office at Arne Jacobsens Alle 15, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark. Ascio is a domain name registrar accredited with ICANN and part of Easily’s wider corporate group. The personal data is disclosed to Ascio to fulfil your order.
13. In accordance with the requirements as a domain name registrar, We are required to disclose your information which may include personal data as follows: (i) WHOIS data is available to the public for free query-based access; (ii) We make domain related data, including communications with You, available to ICANN and domain name registries pursuant to their rules and regulations; (iii) We escrow domain related data as often as is required to reputable third parties appointed by ICANN or domain registries; and (iv) Third parties are able to access WHOIS data in bulk provided they agree, amongst other things, not to use them improperly such as for the transmission of unsolicited commercial emails.
14. If You order any additional products and services, this may require disclosure of personal data to additional third parties in order to provide the services to you. You shall be notified at the time of the order about the scope of any disclosure and the respective third parties.
15. We may also disclose your personal data to (i) any financial institution with whom we hold an account for the purpose of verifying your credit status and/or validating financial transactions and (ii) as part of a sale or transfer of the shares and/or assets of Easily. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA?
16. The disclosure of your personal data to ICANN and domain name registries involves the transfer of your personal data to entities located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to perform the services. Information regarding which countries your personal data is transferred to will be included in the individual agreements for these registrations and is available for review on our Policy page. Likewise, as described in section 15, other third parties may be located outside the EEA.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND RECTIFY PERSONAL DATA?
19. You are able to access, update and rectify your personal data at any time if it is or has become erroneous or out-of-date by contacting Easily in writing and We will promptly act upon your instructions. You also have to right to oppose to the collection of your data and request for the deletion of your data by contacting Easily in writing.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT OTHERS
20. In providing personal data about other individuals (such as someone in whose name You are registering or the domain name’s technical or billing contacts) You represent that You have notified them of (i) the purposes for which information will be used (ii) the recipients of their personal data and (iii) how they can access and correct the information. You further represent that You have obtained all necessary consents from them.
As you may be aware, we updated our terms and conditions earlier this year on 22 February 2016.
If you would like to see a summary of the changes we made in February, please click here.
Our full new terms and conditions can be found here.
* Unfortunately you will not be able to proceed to your account. Please contact customer support (email@example.com) if you have any questions.